Sunday, June 15, 2008

Madinina, tu me manqueras...

The internet's being a bit unpredictable again so I'll type this fast and slap it online ASAP.

I'm just putting the finishing touches to a pair of shorts I'm making out of lovely yellow Madras cloth. I've never made any clothes before so frankly they're a bit crap. But they took hours to make so I'm determined to love them whether they're avant garde or a pile of poo. What do you think?

I'm beginning to get bored with the number of times a day I think; 'I can't believe I'm leaving in x days' now ...but I can't believe I'm leaving in fifteen days! I'm very happy to be coming home - I can see everyone I've missed so much over the last year, go for a curry and fish and chips, drink coffee served in a larger-than-mouse-sized cup, sleep with the windows open without fear of attack by fiendish mosquitos and crispy shelled cockroaches. But in the last few weeks I've been thinking more and more about what I'm leaving behind that I take for granted here now - the beautiful beaches, the tropical plants and forests, the sun ...oh the sun! I hope I don't get S.A.D. when I get home.

Lisette's gone away for a few days, having promised to buy my car off me when she gets back. The internet's terrible at the moment and with her away I can't see it getting fixed any time soon - so don't expect many updates. But if you don't hear from me don't worry too much. I'll be home soon!

1 comment:

Adam said...

I take it that you are English and have just spent a year in Martinique.

I am trying to market the destination in the UK and have developed a website at http://www.discover-martinique.co.uk .

Just out of interest, what did you think of Martinique?