Sunday, October 7, 2007

Just call me Rudolph... - 07/10/07


I’ve burnt my nose! And I’ve also got an angry red splodge on my right arm. I am officially that British lobster woman with crispy crackling skin. How embarrassing.

I’m struggling to understand how this happened since I spent at least half an hour lathering myself with factor 40, taking care not to miss anywhere out, before I even left the house today. And then I slapped on another coat at the beach an hour or so later. This sun must just be mighty powerful here.

I’m also currently cultivating a very impressive contrast between the skin that’s usually covered by my bikini and the rest of me, which is now quite tanned (by my standards). Now I look like I’m wearing white underwear even when I’m naked. Very classy.

The high point of my day today was successfully opening a tin of sweet corn with my Boy Scout style tin opener so I could make my spicy vegetable and noodle soup. The soup was bonne and I made enough to feed an army. I shall be feasting on that for several evenings next week after my arduous journeys to Fort de France for some doubtless badly organised and VERY boring workshops. Yay... can’t wait...

No comments: