Friday, October 26, 2007

Splish splash splosh - 26/10/07


It’s been raining all day. I got extremely soggy legs when I waddled and clanked my way to the recycling bins 500 yards from my house this morning, and that was despite being under my huge umbrella.

I’ve invited a few other assistants to stay for the weekend so I had to make another journey into the perilous pluie to Match later on today to gather supplies. Sloshing through the cloudy brown water streaming down Dead Cat Alley I spotted a disgruntled goat trying desperately to take shelter by squishing itself up against the wall of a house and bleating in a most annoyed fashion as if to say “Make it stop raining, stupid human!” I felt sorry for the sad little waterlogged chèvre but there was nothing I could do to help it so I gave it my best sympathetic face and continued my watery journey to the supermarché.

One should always remember the first rule of shopping; NEVER go to a supermarket hungry. Unfortunately I failed to follow my own advice today and consequently found myself justifying all manner of unhealthy sugary food, including a tub of peanut ice cream, a bag of caramel sweets and a packet of sultana biscuits, telling myself that if I crave it I must need it somehow. Hmmm... Well it seemed like a sound argument at the time...

No comments: